Friday, September 23, 2011

What the fish?

This is just a quickie post a random lucky find.  I haven't personally see this at any other location so it was definitely a new experience for me.  Honestly I was heading to Ghazele in the Annex when I noticed Ali Baba is now in the space where Yummy BBQ use to occupy (right next to Guu Sakabar).



My eyes immediately spotted something that was out of place.  "Choice of Chicken, Beef, Falalfel or Fish.  Back up a second there; Fish?  Where is the lamb?  That got my attention so I jaywalked over to see what it would be like to have a fish shawarma.

It looked like a regular sized wrap which was good since I didn't want to be too full.  Whenever I have a shawarma it is usually the protein that is the most predominate flavor even with the yogurt and hot sauce.  This time there was a light and harmonious balance of flavors.  Apparently the cook didn't add either dressing which was a good call. Reaching the filling, the tabouleh and vegetables transforms into a wonderful relish for the fish.  The lemony zing added nice sharpness to contrast that works perfectly with the fish.  As for the fish itself was just poaching in it's own liquid on a steam table.  I can't really comment on how it was cooked however the fish was moist and tasty inside.



The beef shawarma was about as normal as another regular place so there isn't much to say about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment