Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Salsa on the St.Clair

I'd have to say this won't be much of a food bog this time.  My main reason was to go and see the great performers and the music there.  Some friends at the gym are great dancers and they had really light a fire in me with dancing when I joined the gym.  It had always been there as a dim flicker of interest before the gym.   Latin / Ballroom and Hip Hop has been two of my favorites.  There are just so many dance / talent reality shows now that it is starting to feel saturated for me.  I still try to catch Dancing with the Stars (DWTS) and America's Best Dance Crew (ABDC) as much as I can on my pvr.  The So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) series I still to keep up but there isn't enough time in the day to do so.  It has always been something I wanted to do after seeing the original "Shall We Dance" from Japan and not the Richard Gere & J Lo remake.

Many vendors and booths were not setup at the starting time when I arrived.  Later on I will be attending a friend's barbeque so I had to save some space for that as well.  There was alot of great food but I couldn't resist The Stockyard's buttermilk fried chicken with hot sauce! It was really moist and had a light crisp batter.  All that was missing now was waffles.  Apparently they serve it in their brunch menu on sundays.  Here is the blog posting on the brunch. Go and visit her great blog too!






 Here are a few more pictures and then I will get to the real reason of this post.





Speaking to some new acquaintances at the gym that there is an even bigger event with even more dancing.  I just can't remember they said it was in Ottawa or Montreal.  They said this one had too much food.  This time I couldn't agree with them more.







No comments:

Post a Comment